Thursday, June 26, 2008

My latest business idea

I just finished writing the rough draft of my first children's book! I am very excited. My sister has some great story ideas and is a born marketer and my stepbrother is a fabulous artist, so we agreed to team up to write children's books. I have never written anything for children, so I guess this could be a complete disaster. And I look at the thousands of children's books available (and thousands of other books, for that matter) and wonder how an author sets herself apart from the scores of other writiers...or even gets published! My sister is supposed to handle that side of things so I will try to let her worry about it. And on the off-chance that she finds a publisher, writing children's books could be a great work-at-home business. Now that I'm inspired, I'm going to get that first draft off to my sister and stepbrother...

No comments: